Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Wrapping Up

Wheelie

This picture is from a trip Torrey and I took three years ago. We spent a month with my parents in Pucallpa, Peru, to help them with some projects. What does that have to do with this week? Quite a bit, actually. We went to Peru to take advantage of a transition in our lives. I had decided to go to Seminary. When I graduated from LeTourneau in 2001 I was convinced I was done with school forever, and glad for it. But just four years later, there I was, back in the books. I have never regretted that decision. Studying at Talbot School of Theology has had its challenges, but the blessings far outweigh the lost sleep, and now that I am about to graduate, I wish in some ways I could go on. Studying the Bible intensely for three years under very godly men has been a profound privilege, and I wouldn't trade this time for anything. Yesterday I took my last final, tomorrow is the Baccalaureate, and Friday is Graduation! If anyone out there is considering going back to school for a theological degree, I would highly recommend it. Talbot, specifically the New Testament / Bible Exposition department at Talbot, has my highest respect, and I would recommend it to anyone who would like to deepen their knowledge of Scripture, their walk with Christ, and their love for the people of God. And if you ever need help with your Greek homework, I would be happy to lend a hand.

No comments: