Thursday, October 8, 2009

Visit to the Philippines

IMG_9724

Back in August Torrey and I spent two weeks in the Philippines visiting the LRF where we hope to be moving to sometime in the next year or so. I won't say much or I will never get this thing finished and posted. So without further ado, here are some pictures from our trip.

We flew into Butuan where we stayed a few days at this lovely hotel called Dottie's Place.
Dottie's Place

Alethia liked the pool
IMG_9296

And the mini jeepneys were fun too.
IMG_9289

It looks like it may be just about time to get her a butterfly net.
IMG_9330

We traveled by bus to Iligan.
IMG_9343

At the LRF Alethia made friends quickly.
IMG_9353

The LRF's jeepney needed some work done on it, so these guys dove right in.
IMG_9394

I was actually pretty impressed when I saw the thing running the following week.
IMG_9500

I tried to get Alethia to wear a parrot nose, but she never did go for it.
IMG_9461

Scott did though.
IMG_9466

Alethia's favorite pastime was kissing the dogs.
IMG_9674

Scott wouldn't try that one.
IMG_9705

Here is the hill behind the LRF.
IMG_0229

And here we are taking a walk up the hill.
IMG_0314

IMG_9452

I tried Rambutan for the first time.
IMG_0340

Tasty lechon manok.
IMG_0292

At the LRF they use coconut shells to make charcoal that they use to cook rice with. This was fascinating to me.
IMG_0185

The streets of Iligan
IMG_0194

Near the village of Tagoloan
IMG_0212

And one last sunset from the LRF.
IMG_0235

My next post should be a bunch of 3D pictures from the Philippines, so stay tuned for that.

No comments: