Monday, March 31, 2008

More on Ben Stein

IMG_9808

Thursday night Torrey and I went with Shannon and Mark and Shelley to a Biola Apologetics event featuring Ben Stein and the film Expelled. I was actually disappointed by the event, since the way it was advertised led me (and everyone else I talked to) to believe they were showing the film. In reality, they showed six clips from the film. They did, however, have three of the people involved in the stories told in the film there to tell about their experiences. I can't yet say what I think of the movie, but it does seem like will be worth watching. That said, although I am convinced that the premise of the film is correct, I don't think the producers have dealt with the opposition very well. I am writing at lunch time, so I don't have time to go into details on this, but if you are interested in this topic, check out the expelled blog. There you can find their attacks on their opponents as well as links to the articles they are interacting with. The film comes out April 18. It will be interesting to see what comes of all this.

Here is Ben Stein
IMG_9804

And Stephen Meyer
IMG_9814

After the event, the five of us went out for coffee. Well, I got coffee anyway. Mark and Shelley enjoyed a green tea shaved ice, Torrey and Shannon had smoothies, and Shannon tried to compete with Torrey's belly. Sorry Shannon, but you are just too thin to look like you are pregnant.

IMG_9824

IMG_9828

IMG_9831

No comments: