Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Desert Blooms

IMG_9618

It has been a while since I took these, but I wanted to put them up anyway. Over two weeks ago Torrey and I went out to Joshua Tree with my parents and Shannon to see the wildflowers that were blooming out there. Our trip was not at the ideal time, but it was still gorgeous out there when we visited. We were a bit late for the flowers in the lower elevations, so while many of the blooms were still fresh, there were lots of dried up plants and old blooms, suggesting the peak had already passed. In the higher elevations of the park, there were lots of small green plants, but few flowers. I think the bloom hadn't yet hit there, but I can't say for sure. It sure was fun though, and here are a few of my pictures from the day. As always, if you are interested, you can find a larger set here.

It runs in the family, I suppose
IMG_9393

IMG_9535

IMG_9541

IMG_9508

IMG_9586

IMG_9578

IMG_9638

And this last one is probably my favorite from the day.
IMG_9495

No comments: