Friday, February 1, 2008

The Beginning of the End

Interesting... now my Philippines pictures are back, but now my older pictures are gone. Oh well. They will be back eventually.

So a new semester has begun at Talbot, but this one is quite unlike the rest. This is it. The last semester of my Master's program. I have mixed feelings about that, but I will say for certain that this has been an incredible experience and I am so glad I have been able to study here. Part of the frustration of coming to the end is that I have finally gotten past all of the required core classes that I took because I have to, and now that I am only taking classes I am really excited about, I'm finishing. This semester is indeed really exciting. I am taking Hebrew II (languages are cool), Romans (it is a great class I hear, and I get to use some Greek), Exegesis of the Pastoral Epistles (more Greek; great professor), and I am auditing a class on the life and thought of Paul (fascinating topic; another great professor). I realize that I still haven't really shared any insights from last semester's classes. I still hope to do that, and hopefully I will throw in a thing or two from this semester as well in the months to come.

And of course I had to throw some pictures on here. So here are a couple from a trip Torrey and I made last weekend to the local mountains to enjoy the storm that had swept through Southern California.

We stopped along the road at one point, and I jumped out of the car to take a few pictures. It was cold.
Cold Feet

We found a place to park along the road and then hiked down to Jenks lake.
Closed for Season

Torrey felt sorry for this lonely duck and wanted to take it home.
Just Ducky

No comments: